Friday, April 17, 2009

Death... and Callertunes

Recently, the mobile companies have introduced an idea of Callertunes. A subscriber can opt for a particular callertune to be heard by the caller when he is being called. Most of the time, you would hear latest songs when you call a person, however in some cases, you would also hear Quranic recitations/ naats

But I have come across a couple of such situations, in which this facility really becomes extremely embarrassing.

Mother of one of my friend died and he informed me via SMS. I called him instatnly, and got really embarrassed to hear a 'song as a callertune'. So now you can imagine that whoever would be calling him, as he was the eldest child, would be hearing, rather forced to hear, that song

Owing to this fact, I told him to remove the song as his callertune, and to my surprise, he told me that neither had he subscribed to any nor he knew how to remove it? It may have been possible that her younger sister would have done that, without even bothering to inform her brother about the act

If you happen to be in some kind of this situation, the first thing that you should do is to remove your callertune, and perhaps that would be the least and the most that you could do at that time

No comments: